All of us want to save energy to the maximum level. We can consume the least amount of energy and pay the least amount of electricity bills.
Commonly, people would turn off the lights and electrical appliances when they are not in use. They do not know that they should also be aware of the exterior parts of their house. Get some more tips on saving energy via http://isaveair.com.
There are some home improvements that have low upfront costs, but the monthly energy savings makes them worth implementing.
Increase Your Energy Savings At Home with some tips at no cost :
Exterior House Improvement
- Protect the attic, walls, and crawl spaces to reduce your energy usage by up to 30 percent. Since the energy-saving insulation attic provides substantially reduced moisture if the moisture can pass through the ceiling, using a vapor barrier under the attic insulation to keep the water from causing structural damage.
- Weatherize doors and windows with caulk, weather-stripping, and plastic window sheeting. Asleep and seal air leaks where plumbing, ductwork, or electrical wiring penetrates through walls, floors, and ceilings.
Water Conservation Facts
- Install low-flow faucets and showerheads. This energy-saving device helps you save money in several ways. They use less water to get the job done that requires less energy to pump the water to the house.
Electricity Saving Tips
- Lower the setting of your hot water heater to 120 degrees to save 3 to 5 percent in energy costs at the summer home. You can increase your home energy savings further by installing an insulation blanket for the water heater and the water pipe insulation that comes out of your heater.
Energy Saving Light
- Switch to compact fluorescent lights to increase your energy saving light with 75 to 80 percent. Not only compact fluorescent light bulbs use less energy than conventional incandescent bulbs, but they also last up to 10 times longer.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room. This is one more way to save energy at home that will require discipline and perseverance if you are in the habit of leaving the lights on whether you use them or not.
Making an energy-efficient home is not difficult. All most people need to increase energy savings in the home is the awareness of energy-saving ideas and tips as above and then to put that information into action. It’s the cumulative effect of using a lot of ways to save energy at home that will save you big bucks on your energy bill.